Ramtex was founded in 1952 by Mr. Hillel Landau and associates, all of who are Holocaust survivors of Europe of the late 1930s and 1940s. They immigrated to Israel, determined to start a new life, envisioned with hard work and creation. They settled in Ramat Gan, where the name Ramtex was conceived – Ramat Gan textiles.
In the early 1980s Ramtex transferred to the sole ownership of the Landau family and today the Company is owned by the family’s next generation.
Although times have changed considerably, the fundamental principles have not. Ramtex Design might have closed its own local mill but has a close cooperation with mills abroad that makes it possible for us to continue selling our original designs per custom request. This works great as a complementary to the wide range of imported fabrics we bring to our customers.